Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Venison for the Freezer

Growing up in Mississippi, I'm very much used to hunting. My brothers are hunters, my cousins, even the girl cousins! I married a Kentucky boy, who is also a hunter, so it's no surprise that my two boys are also avid hunters.

Joseph, who is 14, is a great shot! Below is a pic of the deer he shot on this year's hunt. This was a 256 yard shot, according to my husband.

This is about as Primal as it gets!


Caleb (almost 7 years old), as you can see, is chomping at the bit to get his hands on a gun and a license, so he can bring in some game as well. I love watching my boys in their element and how excited they get when they get to hunt with their Daddy and bring in game for our freezer. I'm still working on getting the girls and myself to eat what the boys put in the freezer. I'm not a huge fan of the strong, gamey taste of venison, but I'll try.





No comments:

Post a Comment