Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Coconut Pancakes

These are AMAZING! They are a bit higher in calories and fat than I typically like to eat, but technically if you are eating primally, you aren't supposed to be concerned so much with fat and calories, but with avoiding grains. I limit how often I cook these, because I will over-indulge for sure! Caleb loves them and everytime I cook flour pancakes for the rest of the family, he asks if they are coconut pancakes. :)




Ingredients:

6 Eggs
6 Tbsp Milk
Splash of Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Honey, Splenda or other sweetener
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
6 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil

Mix all ingredients together and cook over low/medium heat. These take a bit longer to cook than flour based pancakes.


I top mine with just a tiny bit of sugar free maple syrup and fresh berries. They have a bit of a macaroon taste, from the coconut, so they are sweet enough on their own.

The leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment