Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Crustless, Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

My daughter and I decorated our house for the Fall season today, and being in the spirit of Fall, I decided to play around with a Pumpkin Pie recipe, to see if I could work one out that I wouldn't feel guilty about eating during the holiday season. The holidays are so hard to navigate, while trying to eat healthy. I absolutely LOVE Pumpkin Pie, next to my Mama's famous Pecan Pie, that is! My ten year old even loved it! *Sorry for the not-so-good photo. I had to use my cell phone, since my oldest daughter has the camera at her homecoming game/dance.




Ingredients:

1 cup canned pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Filling!)
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 to 1 cup skim milk
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup splenda (I used a tad bit less than 1/4 cup, as that's all I had in the house and it was plenty sweet)

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.

This recipes makes 6 ramekins. You can double it and make an entire pie.

Bake in a 300 degree oven for 35 - 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into filling comes out clean.

Let cool and top with Sugar Free whipped topping, (optional)

The entire recipe is only 240 calories, so only 50 calories per serving, when topped with 1 tbsp whipped topping. (when baked in ramekins)

*I plan to work on a grain free crust before Thanksgiving, using Almond Flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment