Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Healthy Cherry Macadamia Muffins


This is a favorite of mine. These muffins freeze well and are great for on the go meals. I frequently freeze these and grab one or two to throw in my lunch box for breakfast or a snack at work.

Ingredients:

Mix the ingredients together in a bowl

2 1/2 cups almond flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt (I prefer Siggis. It's all natural, withough HFCS or other additives. You can find it at a health food store such as Sprouts or Whole Foods)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey (I used 4 tbsp of Splenda, as I was out of honey)

Then fold in

1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (I get mine raw at Sprouts)
1 cup cherries, pitted

Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 300 degree, preheated oven.










No comments:

Post a Comment