Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cabbage & Sausage

This recipe is so simple. It's from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook. One of my favorite veggies, growing up, was my Mama's cabbage. I love it! So, when I found this recipe, I had to try it. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for days. Since I am the only one in my house who will eat cabbage (I don't know what is wrong with these people!), I have lots of leftovers for lunches at work.



Ingredients:

1 Head of Cabbage
1 Package of Sausage (I use a hormone free, nitrate free, MSG free, smoked sausage from Sprouts)
Bacon Drippings
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and slice cabbage into strips. Place in a greased casserole dish (I use my Pampered Chef stoneware casserole dish. You'll need a large one.) Slice the sausage into coins. Place on top of cabbage. Dot with bacon grease. Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake for 45 - 60 minutes (to desired done-ness), stirring several times while cooking.





No comments:

Post a Comment